Back and Ready for Spring 2018!

This week was my first week back to the Mount since December. Break didn't feel long enough, but I was excited to come back and get to work! Last semester I realized being an English major wasn't the right fit for me, so I am excited to now be a History major. I am ready to push through the semester and can't wait for May because I am going to Mexico!!! I love all of my classes so far, though it seems like it will be a busy semester I am ready to tackle it. I have classes on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.

Tuesday morning I walked into Hudson room 105 and saw a lot of familiar faces! I then got to meet Dr. Smirnova, this is my first class with her. We did an engaging getting to know you activity and I was able to meet two unfamiliar faces that I was grouped with. During this activity Dr. Smirnova asked us to close our eyes and remember a social studies classroom when we were in school. This brought me to Mr. Carofano's classroom in 9th grade. I was never great at Social Studies in school, but Mr. Carofano was old school and tried to make it fun. He changed my perspective on Social Studies and I am happy and proud to say I am a History major. 


I am very excited for fieldwork, I love working with children! I am in group 1 and can't wait to see what kind of lesson plans and activities we come up with. I am so excited to learn new things that I can one day use in my classroom! 

Yay for a new semester! Good luck everyone!!!♥

Comments