Philosophy of Teaching

I believe that a classroom should be a safe, caring community where children are free to speak their mind and blossom and grow. I will use strategies to ensure out classroom community will flourish. My personal goal for my future classroom is to challenge students and watch them grow to their full potential. I want to take students at different levels and see them develop together for the betterment of each individual. Therefore, group work is the key to having a successful class and is something I value, especially with older students. The impact of group work, when students help fellow students, changes each person and transforms the atmosphere of the class as a whole.

In my classroom, I want students to have freedom that allows for expression and creativity. Students should be able to experiment with likes and dislikes and to realize their strengths and weaknesses. After this base is developed, the curriculum can be molded to tie in each student’s learning style.

My philosophy of education is that all children are unique and must have a stimulating educational environment where they can grow physically, mentally, emotionally, and socially. It is my desire to create this type of atmosphere where students can meet their full potential. I will provide a safe environment where students where students are invited to share their ideas and take risks. My philosophy of teaching is based on a belief that learning needs to be student centered and that students need to be equal partners in the learning process.

I will present a curriculum that will incorporate each different learning style, as well as make the content relevant to the students' lives. I will incorporate hands-on learning, cooperative learning, projects, themes, and individual work that engage and activate students learning. I want to encourage creativity and higher-order thinking in a way that increases student performance.

As a future educator, I believe my philosophy and teaching styles may change throughout my teaching career and I want to remain receptive to suggestions and open for improvement. I believe that every moment is a teachable moment and I would like to engage, inspire and launch students thinking.

Comments