Jigsaw

We learned about jigsaw in our class with Dr. Smirnova. Jigsaw is a cooperative learning strategy that enables each student of a "home" group to specialize in one aspect of a topic. Students meet with members from other groups who are assigned the same aspect, and after mastering the material, return to the "home" group and teach the material to their group members. With this strategy, each student in the "home" group serves as a piece of the topic's puzzle and when they work together as a whole, they create the complete jigsaw puzzle.

We participated in doing a jigsaw by using the social interactive model of teaching for cooperative learning. My group, Marianna, Stephanie, Rebecca and I did group processing. We learned about what the parts are in group processing and the roles of the students and teachers in the class. 

I learned by using Jigsaw it helps build comprehension, encourages cooperative learning among students, and helps improve listening, communication, and problem-solving skills. I will absolutely use this in my future classroom. I really like this for cooperative learning. 





Comments