Final reflection on Social Studies Methods

I have learned in Dr. Smirnova's class just how important it is to reflect. Reflecting helps you to develop your skills and review their effectiveness, rather than just carry on doing things as you have always done them. Not only is this important to do as a student, but it is so important to continue to do this in my career as a teacher. 

We know that reflection is a good thing and we encourage our learners to do it, teachers are always reflecting and assessing students. Teachers should also reflect and assess themselves. This can only make you a better teacher!

 Reflecting helps you to develop your skills and review their effectiveness, rather than just carry on doing things as you have always done them. It is about questioning, in a positive way, what you do and why you do it and then deciding whether there is a better, or more efficient, way of doing it in the future.


I have learned many things from my short time with Dr. Smirnova. I have learned many new concepts of teaching and the use of different technologies that can be used in a classroom. I am so happy with the time I was able to spend with my peers and with the fifth grade students. I have learned I need to be more interactive during direct instruction. I will continue to work on this and achieve my goals!

Comments