Second day with the 5th graders!

Thursday was our second day teaching. We did our inquiry lesson. We used a Kahoot to see what the students remembered from our lesson on Tuesday. My group and I reviewed the Kahoot scores after the lesson and the students did pretty well! For our inquiry lesson we used WebQuest on their classroom iPads. We had the students will out a worksheet on questions that they would find throughout the research we put in the WebQuests. 

My Group and I!
Once they completed the worksheets they wrote a newspaper article. The students were so excited when I told them that they would be writing a letter in their school newspapers. Using their prior knowledge, knowledge learned on Tuesday, and the information from the WebQuest. We then had one student from each group share what they wrote. They did so well, and we loved reading all of their letters after class. I am excited for our third and final day teaching the 5th graders. I have learned so much this past week and I am excited to watch my classmates units!

Comments