My last day teaching the 5th graders!

Tuesday was very bitter sweet for me. These children were so amazing over the three days my group and I did our lesson plans. They are such smart, bright children. Many of their responses to our questions or in their groups amazed me. But, I am excited to see what and how the next groups do during their lessons. I love being able to do this so that we are able to teach from each other and grow as teachers.

On Tuesday, we had the students work in groups to use their knowledge they learned the past two classes with us. We broke the class up into 4 groups and had them so team work with specific jobs for each student. Groups 1&3 wrote poems about the Constitutional Convention and groups 2&4 wrote a Bill of Rights for their classroom.


We gave the groups about 20 minutes to construct their ideas and then transfer them to a poster board to then share with the class. They did so amazing! Their teacher Mrs. Vasilakos was loving what the children came up with!!! Below is group 2 and 3's final project.













Overall, I think my group did amazing! We worked very hard together and the three of my peers taught me so much. Since I have never taken a class with Dr. Smirnova before they really helped me and taught me a lot that I will be able to bring that information to my next class with her.

Good luck Group 2 !!!!

Comments